Welcome to the Trade Counter at Replacementbathrooms.co.uk
- Bathroom Brands
- Old Colours
- White Sanitary Ware
- Toilet Cistern Lids
- Armitage Shanks Cistern Lids
- Balterley Bathrooms Cistern Lids
- Barr Head Cistern Lids
- Ideal Standard Cistern Lids
- Qualitas (Qualcast) Cistern Lids
- Shires Bathrooms Cistern LIds
- Sottini Bathrooms Cistern Lids
- Spring (Fordhams) Cistern Lids
- Stelrad Doulton ( Allia / Caradon ) Cistern Lids
- Trent Bathrooms Cistern Lids
- Twyfords (Caradon) Cistern Lids
- Toilet Seats
- Toilet Cistern Levers
- Universal / General Use Cistern Levers
- Armitage Shanks Cistern Levers
- Ideal Standard Cistern Levers
- Jacuzzi Bathrooms Cistern Levers
- Qualitas (Qualcast) Cistern levers
- Shires (Visions) Cistern Levers
- Sottini Bathrooms Cistern Levers
- Spring (Fordhams) Cistern Levers
- Stelrad Doulton ( Allia/Caradon ) Cistern Levers
- Trent Bathrooms Cistern Levers
- Twyfords (Caradon) Cistern Levers
- Vernon Tutbury Cistern Levers
- Vitra Bathrooms Cistern Levers
- Toilet Cistern Spares
- UNIVERSAL / GENERAL USE CISTERN SPARES
- Armitage Shanks Cistern Spares
- Balterley Bathrooms Cistern Spares
- Ideal Standard Cistern Spares
- Qualitas (Qualcast) Cistern Spares
- Shires Bathrooms Cistern Spares
- Sottini Bathrooms Cistern Spares
- Spring (Fordhams) Cistern Spares
- Stelrad Doulton ( Allia ) Cistern Spares
- Trent Bathrooms Cistern Spares
- Twyfords (Caradon) Cistern Spares
- Sundry Items (inc Taps & Mixers)
ALL OUR PRICES ARE FULLY INCLUSIVE OF VAT & DELIVERY* or POSTAGE.
(*exc large items delivered to NI, islands & some Highland areas. Click here for full details)
Water Hammer pressure absorbing cylinder
WHAT IS " WATER HAMMER " ?
Water Hammer is the name given to vibrating and banging pipes which occurs when a valve or tap is suddenly closed. Water Hammer can cause disturbance at any time of day or night and is notoriously difficult to diagnose and cure.
Water hammer is caused by a sudden spike in pressure caused by air trapped in the pipes. The resulting shaking and reverberation of the pipes continues until the pressure is absorbed.
To resolve the problem a pressure absorbing vessel is required. These have, for a long time been available as quite bulky and expensive products for large commercial installations with multiple valves, but now a much smaller version is available for single troublesome valves in domestic installations.
The sealed vessel contains a pressurised chamber of air permanently separated from the water supply by a piston with two o rings. When a valve ( eg inlet valve to a toilet ) is closed suddenly, the pressure spike pushes the piston up the chamber against the pressurised cushion of air which instantly absorbs the pressure spike that would have caused the water hammer.
- 1/2" BSP male thread inlet fits standard fittings.
- Overall length 120mm
- Can be mounted at any angle.
- Install within 2 metres of single offending valve, tap or device ( eg washing machine, dishwasher). Some mixer taps may require hot AND cold supplies to be protected.
- Suitable for hot and cold supplies.
- Manufactured from lead free, copper & brass.
- Supplied with FREE 15mm x 1/2" FI brass compression tee (small photo)
It is sometimes suggested that installing a vertical capped stand pipe in the supply will resolve the problem of water hammer.
However, this will only last for a short time. After a few weeks the air trapped in the stand pipe will be absorbed into the water and the cushioning effect of the air pocket will be totally lost. The piston inside this cylinder will keep the air cushion permanently separate from the water supply to provide a permanent solution.
INC VAT & CARRIAGE
INC VAT & CARRIAGE
INC VAT & CARRIAGE